13 years after its foundation stone was laid. The Virasat-e-Khalsa or the Sikh heritage memorial was today inaugurated in the presence of several dignitaries at Anandpur Sahib..
It started on an auspicious note and the Virasat-e-Khalsa inauguration ceremony at Anandpur Sahib remained a short and smart affair, bereft of the usual hoopla surrounding Punjab government functions.
After Asha Bhonsle’s soulful rendering of a shabad, spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar too took the stage, as did the Akal Takht Jathedar.
After BJP national President Nitin Gadkari’s short speech, chief minister parkash singh badal’s witty remark set the tone.
Chief Minister Badal also recalled from where the idea of such a memorial germinated
Only 15 galleries of the Sikh heritage complex have been thrown open to the public 13 years after its foundation stone was laid. The memorial lends an insight into the turbulent events that unfolded in Punjab that gave birth to the Khalsa.
- Watch Halke Da Haal – Anandpur Sahib
- Cabinet approves MoU on Anandpur Sahib-Shri Naina Devi Ji Ropeway
- Declare Anandpur Sahib as plastic free: EcoSikh
- Watch Day & Night Special on Khalsa Heritage Project
- Dal Khalsa hits out at SGPC on memorial issue
- 2 Pilgrims killed, 19 injured as bus turns turtle near Anandpur Sahib
- Badal to dedicate Khalsa Heritage Centre to nation on Nov 25
- Khalsa Heritage Memorial Complex to be opened on 25 Nov
- Khalsa College is now Khalsa University
- Watch Prime Debate – Our Virasat E Khalsa