The Asian development Bank would provide financial assistance of Rs 15 crore for various tourism promotion activities in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh.
Presiding over a meeting Department of Tourism and Civil Aviation, he said the ‘Home Stay Scheme’ launched by the department to give a boost to rural tourism has been a “big success” and about a thousand units have been registered in rural areas attracting tourists.
Dhumal said soon the second phase of ‘Har Gaon Ki Kahani’ would be launched by including 103 more villages in the list of villages with historical significance and capable of generating interests amongst the tourists and researchers for carrying out their activities.
- CM launches scheme to boost rural tourism
- HP focussing on health and adventure tourism
- HP signs MoU with ADB for tourism development
- HP launches ‘Home Stay’ scheme for tourism
- Haryana govt promotes eco-tourism
- HP to implement anti-hail system across entire state
- HP Tourism Department to launch cleanliness drive
- Himachal Pradesh best tourist destination
- Centre to give Rs 50 crore grant to quake-hit Sikkim: HM
- Employees of Punjab Dept of Rural Development on strike