Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh today lashed out at Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his son Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal for their alleged silence and inaction over the slapping of a lady teacher by a village sarpanch. In a statement here, Singh said, “I don’t have any faith in either the Chief Minister or his son who heads the Home Department and even if they have booked the guilty sarpanch nothing much should be expected”. He pointed out that the entire government and quite surprisingly even SAD MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal in whose presence the incident happened preferred to remain quiet for two days.
“It was only after so much hue and cry, that the government decided to take some action,” he observed. The Pradesh Congress Committee President said, it was not for the first time that an Akali leader had slapped or man-handled a protester but it was a matter of routine. He pointed out, earlier also a senior Akali leader Sikander Singh Malooka was caught in camera beating up the protesting teachers. He told Badal that if he did not have anything to offer to the people coming to meet him he can still treat them honourably and with respect. “After all they are your own people and not any criminals you are dealing with”. he said.
- Badals busy making money through illegal means: Amarinder
- Amarinder to Badals “Manja fer diyange”
- Badals’ claims about Kabaddi event shameless boasts: Amarinder
- Anna should verify Badals’ credentials: Amarinder
- Badal trying to divide Sikh community : Amarinder Singh
- HC issued notice to Badals in transport scam
- SAD authorises Badals to select candidates for SGPC elections
- Akalis scripting their own obituary: Amarinder
- Watch Fair & Square with Captain Amarinder Singh
- Will punish corrupt ministers of Punjab govt: Amarinder Singh