As per the election code of conduct, campaigning for Chandigarh’s MC polls ended today. On the last day, the candidates left no stone unturned to woo the voters. In ward number 20, Bhartiya Janata Party candidate Satyawan Shera adopted a new style as he was weighted with coins. A person walking past the candidate’s unit in Industrial Area Phase I might have thought that a wedding was being celebrated, given the the decoration, band-baja and festive crowd.
Saurabh Joshi, another BJP candidate contesting from ward number two, captured the interest of the voters by persuading senior BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu to address in his rally in sector 15. Sidhu’s speech was full of shair-o-shayare and then Joshi followed up with his appeal for support.
On the other hand, Anu Chatrath, rival candidate of Saurabh Joshi, conducted a car rally to show her strength to the voters. She felt that on the last day, its the way to show the people how much support she enjoyed.
The last day of the campaign has been devoted shows of strength and the candidates went full-tilt right up to the last minute, each campaigning in his or her own style.
- Chandigarh MC poll: Five ex mayors contesting elections
- Political parties drawing campaign strategies for Chandigarh MC polls
- Chandigarh MC Poll candidate take oath against corruption
- Hectic campaigning on ahead of Chandigarh MC polls
- Khayali Saharan campaigns for Chhabra in Chandigarh MC poll
- BJP makes changes in candidates’ list for Chandigarh MC poll
- Parties invited applicants for tickets for MC poll Chandigarh
- Nomination process ends for Chandigarh MC polls
- Women candidates for Chandigarh MC polls woo voters
- SAD and BJP stuck at seat sharing in Chandigarh MC poll