With MC elections and a visit by vice president Hamid Ansari in the pipeline, the Chandigarh police is on its toes. Elaborate security arrangements are being made for the elections. According to Superintendent of Police for Security R.S. Ghuman, 4,000 police personnel and 9 DSPs will be deployed on the polling day.
The law and order situation is under close surveillance. Police checks are being conducted on arms dealers and their stock. 150 licensed arms were deposited over the last one week. As a precautionary measure, 90 people were arrested for supplying illegal liquor.
The SP also requested people to help the police maintain law and order in the city during the elections.
- Chandigarh Police to celebrate Police week from Nov 7
- Chandigarh police organise Raising Day parade
- Chandigarh police recall fallen comrades
- Chandigarh police rescued five child laborers
- BJP candidates list not out yet for Chandigarh MC elections
- 950 cops will be deployed in Chandigarh during Diwali
- Chandigarh MC elections on Dec 17
- Chandigarh Police busted fake tourist visa racket
- BJP forms committee in forthcoming Chandigarh MC elections
- Chandigarh MC elections withdrawal process complete