Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee President Capt Amarinder Singh today said that the Congress high command has not approved any candidate for the forthcoming assembly elections so far as the process for selection of candidates has just begun.
Referring to a report published in a local English daily, the PCC President said, the report is simply a figment of the imagination and it should have been verified from the party. He maintained that the party has started the process of short-listing the candidates and it will take some time more.
He made it categorically clear that none of the candidates mentioned in the report has been finalized or confirmed as yet since the selection process is going on and has not even completed the first phase. He said, the report is absolutely baseless.
- Punjab Congress divided on chief ministerial candidate
- Cong to give youth, women more tickets: Capt Amarinder
- Congress announced candidates list for Chandigarh MC polls
- It is a non-budget: Capt Amarinder
- Yes, Chidambaram was wrong: Capt. Amarinder Singh
- SGPC polls: Capt to support candidates with clean image
- Congress to go it alone in Punjab
- Badal should get Nobel for corruption: Capt Amarinder
- Capt rules out poll pact with any National or regional party
- BSP leader joins Congress in Punjab