The result of the Panchayat Samiti and Zila Parishad elections, which were held on January 21, were announced today. Results were declared for 11 Panchayat Samiti and nine Zila Parishad seats.
In Kishangarh village, Manoj Lubana, a student of Panjab University, won the Zila Parishad seat. Encouraged by the increasing number of young political leaders, Lubana feels this will give much needed boost to development. A triumphant Manoj also expressed his resolve to fight drug addiction among youth.
Gurdial Singh, who has been elected Zila Parishad member from Khuda Alisher village, said development has been largely confined to urban areas. He reiterated his commitment towards rural development. The problem of drug addiction is also on his priority list.
For now, the intent is noble and there’s hope in the air. Will the promises be delivered? It’s too early to tell.
- Zila Parishad and Panchayat Polls: Large voter turn out
- Chandigarh Zila Parishad and Panchayat elections are scheduled for Jan 21
- P’kula Zila Parishad Chief R. Kona Loses seat
- Liquor vends in 13 poll bound villages closed
- Haryana Elect Comm disqualifies 43 zila parishad candidates
- Haryana announces Rs 50-lakh grant for panchayat samitis
- Bal panchayat polls minic actual process
- Haryana gives more powers to panchayats
- SAD and BJP stuck at seat sharing in Chandigarh MC poll
- Haryana Panchayat bypoll on June 19