A private bus rammed into the kisan bhawan roundabout at yesterday morning and mercifully, this time there were no casualties.
Six Rotarians from Kerala rolled into Chandigarh yesterday, to mobilize fellow club members here for the club’s End Polio now campaign.
Six Rotarians, led by Georgekutty Kariyanappally of Rotary Club of Cochin Midtown, are spending 63 days driving across the entire length and breadth of the country and visiting 50 major cities and innumerable villages and town en route. They started on December 11 in their hometown, Cochin and by last week they had got as far as Srinagar. Today they are in Chandigarh and then they head east.
Rotarians from all over the country are expected to join the drive on different sectors. The objective of the journey is to create awareness about Polio and its eradication. The idea is to make everyone aware of the necessity of polio vaccination for children. For today and tomorrow they are the guests of Rotary Club Sector 18.
- Dream home expo opens at Kisan Bhawan,Sec-35 Chandigarh
- 2-yr-old from Pak underwent successful surgery at Fortis
- Private hospitals in Chandigarh inspected
- Private colleges staff protest at MCM DAV, Chandigarh
- Dance competition organized by CIPA at Bal Bhawan Chandigarh
- Chandigarh’s Association of Private Schools postpone break
- India will become polio-free nation by end of year
- Flag day celebrations in Sainik Bhawan
- 120 dogs participate in Panchkula dog show