BJP president Nitin Gadkari was unable to attend two poll rallies due to adverse weather conditions on the last day of election campaign in Punjab.
Gadkari was scheduled to address a rally in Pathankot, from where state BJP president Ashwani Sharma is in the fray, but his plane failed to land due to poor visibility and bad weather conditions, a party leader said. The BJP president’s plane, which was to arrive there from Nagpur, instead landed at Amritsar about 230 km from here and 110 km from Pathankot.
As per the original schedule, Gadkari was supposed to fly back from Pathankot to Chandigarh in his plane after addressing the rally. From Chandigarh, he was to fly to Rajpura in a helicopter to address another rally there. Gadkari later made a brief address to the two rallies through his cellphone, he said, adding that the BJP president then proceeded to Nagpur from Amritsar in his plane.
- Punjab Poll 2012: Congress strongly opposed to corruption
- Punjab Poll 2012: Shatrughan Sinha plays Bihari card to woo voters
- Punjab Poll 2012: Battle lines drawn in S.A.S Nagar
- Chandigarh MC poll campaign ends
- State Election Commission announced Chandigarh MC poll schedule
- Chandigarh MC poll: Parties wooing voters in their own way
- Private colleges staff protest at MCM DAV, Chandigarh
- Khayali Saharan campaigns for Chhabra in Chandigarh MC poll
- Liquor vends in 13 poll bound villages closed
- Punjab Poll 2012: Poll material gutted