The Chandigarh Police sealed 20 immigration firms for providing work permits without a license from the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs. In view of the clientele such firms have in this region, the SSP asked people to check details before hiring their services.
The Chandigarh police sealed 20 immigration firms providing work permits to clients without a license from the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs. Addressing the media, UT SSP Naunihal Singh said the firms have been sealed and two persons have been arrrested. According to the SSP, the Chandigarh Police had earlier requested the District Magistrate to direct the firms to get themselves registered with the Police. Besides, more than 150 firms failed to furnish requisite documents.
Acting on the directions of the District Magistrate, the Chandigarh police registered cases against 20 immigration companies for failing to furnish requisite details with the UT Police. A Special Investigation Team constituted by the UT Police conducted investigations with the help of P. Malakar, Protector of Immigration, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, New Delhi. According to P. Malakar of the Ministry Overseas Indian Affairs, only 20 immigration companies or firms have a valid license for work permit in Chandigarh.
The UT SSP urged people to be careful about the firms they choose to engage to handle their emigration concerns. He also said action would be taken against the errant firms.
The consultancies which have been sealed are:
NOT QUITE ABOVE BOARD (Header)
1) WWICS, Sector 22
2) Career Overseas, Sector 17
3) Immigration Pvt Ltd Sector 17
4) Ray Number Consultants, Sector 22h
5) Sri Balaji, Sector 17
6) NS Consultant, Sector 44
7) GEC Consultants, Sector 44
Conex, Sector 34
9) Pacific Consultant, Sector 34
10) J A Enterprises, Sector 34
11) Rapid Growth, Sector 8
12) Global Visa, Sector 8
13) Visa Ways Immigration Consultant Pvt Ltd, Sector 8
14) Future Wings Consultant, Sector 37
15) Pacific Immigration Consultant, Sector 8
16) Palta Travels, Sector 40
17) CSA Immigration, Sector 35
18) AEIS Consultant, Sector 34
19) EZY Gateway Visa Consultant
20) Pennacle Carrier Consultant Pvt, Sector 8
Even though emigration is a cherished dream in the region, there’s hardly any awareness about work permit frauds and the agency which investigate such frauds, namely Protector of Emigrants in Sector 9. The Protector of Emigrants Department is a wing of the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, New Delhi. However, all’s not well here either. The department in Sector 9 has a staff strength of 4 for five states. That being the case, awareness is the best defense for those who aspire for foreign shores.
- 6,000 immigration consulting firms under cops’ radar for fraud
- Chandigarh Police to rein in con immigration agents
- Punjab youth duped by immigration agent in Chandigarh
- Healthyway Immigration company’s owner surrenders before UT court
- Anu Peshawari releases book ‘Lives on the Brink’ in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh police recall fallen comrades
- Chandigarh Police busted fake tourist visa racket
- Chandigarh police organise Raising Day parade
- Duped would-be migrants submit complaint
- Chandigarh administration sets eyes on CCR status