An altercation over distribution of stolen money led to murder. The accused was held soon after.
Manimajra police received information about a body found in the jungles of Raipur Kalan near the Panchkula Industrial Area. The place falls in Manimajra. A crowd had gathered around the body by the time the police arrived. A man in the crowd identified the deceased as Sanjay Rajak, worker in his factory. Deep wounds on the body led the police to take this as a case of murder. Investigations revealed the involvement of one Sushil, a worker in the same factory. Sushil was interrogated and then it did not take long for the police to crack the case. According to the police Sanjay and Sushil stole 39,500 Rs from the factory but got into an argument over division of the money. Sushil attacked Sanjay with a rock in the course of the argument, killing him.
The victim, 29 years of age, belonged to Bihar while the accused is from Uttar Pradesh. On Friday, the accused will be presented in court.
- Manimajra police arrest 4 for planning robbery
- Manimajra residents confront police
- Body found at Sector 16 bus stop Chandigarh
- Chandigarh Admin demolished illegal constructions in Manimajra
- Body found in Village Kandala on Thursday
- Complaint against Jumbo Circus at Manimajra
- Body of 21-yr-old Manav Garg found at Sec-48, Chandigarh
- Body of cardiologist Deepak Kaura found in Dera Bassi
- 3 held for Sodomy in Manimajra
- Body of Chandigarh based cardiologist was found in Dera Bassi