Actress Genelia D’Souza, who tied the knot with actor Riteish Deshmukh earlier this month, says her priorities in life have changed after marriage.
The 24-year-old said she will continue doing films but her first preference will be her husband and family. “Life has become all the more beautiful after marriage. I am excited to be the part of his family. I will continue doing films but now my first priority will be my family. I haven’t decided yet whether I will work only with him, or how many films I will do in a year. But I have to adjust many things in life now,” she said. Genelia, who made her first post-marriage public appearance in the Capital with husband for the promotion of their upcoming film “Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya”, said she is happy to have Riteish, 33, in her life.
“Riteish is the biggest gift I have had in my life. He is the kind of guy I have dreamt of. He respects me and his family and I feel this is the biggest asset in a person’s life.
Dating each other for the past eight years was an exciting phase for me,” she said. In “Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya”, directed by Manpreet Kumar, Genelia will be seen playing a tomboy who kidnaps Riteish to escape her impending
marriage with some other guy. “I kidnap Riteish in this film but in real life he has kidnapped me. We play an unlikely couple in the film who eventually fall in love with each other.
The film has a unique climax that everyone will be enjoy,” she said. Hitting theatres on February 24, this will be the third film together for the newly-wed couple after “Tujhe Mere Kasam” and “Masti”. It is in news that Genelia has been ousted from the sequel of “Masti” (2004), but the actress said, “I haven’t been offered the film yet.”
- Stage set for Riteish, Genelia wedding
- B-town blesses Riteish-Genelia
- Riteish, Genelia to enter wedlock in 2012
- Riteish completes me, says Genelia
- Genelia sheds her ‘cute-girl’ image through ‘Force’
- I own the spot of college girl in Bollywood
- CM holds meeting to finalise priorities for transport sector
- Punjab Government school’s timings changed
- John says ‘Force’ measures up to Sunny Deol’s ‘Ghayal’
- Kareena to announce marriage after release of ‘Agent Vinod’