At a time when non-Congress chief ministers have come together on some issues, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has invited his West Bengal counterpart Mamata Banerjee to his swearing in ceremony on March 14.
“Badal telephoned Banerjee today and invited her to attend his swearing-in as chief minister at Chandigarh,” state secretariat sources here said.
Mamata and other non Congress chief ministers had come together in opposing the Centre’s move to set up the National Counter Terrorism Centre alleging it would affect the federal structure of the country. The Shiromani Akali Dal-BJP coalition retained power in Punjab in the recent assembly election in the state.
- Trinamool won’t compromise on price rise:Mamata
- Mamata to PM: Won’t back FDI in retail
- Mamata elected Trinamool Congress national chairperson
- Mamata formally quits Lok Sabha after winning assembly bypoll
- Mamata meets PM, seeks help to improve WB’s fiscal health
- Despite fund crunch dev programmes to continue: Mamata
- Singur verdit ‘historic’: Mamata
- Badal invites agitating teachers for talks
- Gobindpura power plant issue: Badal invites farmers for talks
- Mamata Banerjee wins assembly bypoll