The man was allegedly in an inebriated state when he committed the crime, police said, adding the reason for the murder is yet to be ascertained.
The girl was rushed to a hospital, where her condition is stated to be serious, officials said.
- Head constable of Chandigarh police shoots himself
- Father killed 3-yr-old daughter in Panchkula
- 70-yr-old allegedly killed by his son for property in Chandigarh
- Sector 41 double murder: No arrested yet
- Chandigarh siblings murder case: Police still clueless
- 7-yr-old daughter of Mubarakpur resident molested
- Siblings’ murder case: Police claim to have some leads
- Sub Inspector Vishal Sharma found dead in Sec-42 house
- Haryana Crime Branch reconstructs accident scene
- Body found in Village Kandala on Thursday