The Punjab Government today appointed 1982 batch IPS officer Sumedh Singh Saini as the new Director General of Police. Saini has been appointed in place of Anil Kaushik, an official spoksman said here. Kaushik would be transferred to other branch, officials said.
Meanwhile, the Punjab government has decided to appoint Rakesh Singh, a 1978 batch Punjab cadre IAS officer, as new Chief Secretary. Currently posted as additional secretary in Finance Ministry, Singh had worked on various assignments as Ferozepur Deputy Commissioner, CITCO MD, Finance and Home Secretary in Union Territory Chandigarh, Secretary Housing in Punjab and Principle Secretary Medical Education.
The outgoing Chief Secretary Subodh Chander Agrawal has been appointed as Chief Commissioner of Right To Service Commission, officials said.
- Day & Night Special on Punjab VB Chief Sumedh Singh Saini
- Anil Kaushik to be new Punjab DGP
- Relieve several top officals: Home Ministry tells Delhi Govt
- Will punish corrupt ministers of Punjab govt: Amarinder Singh
- Punjab govt transfers 6 IAS officers
- Punjab Govt. approves master plan for seven towns
- Security of VVIPs being reviewed: Punjab DGP
- NGO wants removal of PB VB Chief Saini
- Govt appoints B K Batra as deputy MD of IDBI Bank
- Corruption charges against Punjab govt proved: Amarinder