On Saturday, Panchkula police received a tip off about some people selling poppy husk in the old Panchkula area. Two persons were arrested in a raid that followed.
The duo, identified as Avtar and Krishan, ran a karyana store in the area, from where the police recovered around 16 kg poppy husk. On questioning, they told the police about an accomplice, Rajbir, who is from the MES colony in the Army area. A raid at Rajbir’s house led to the recovery of six Kg poppy husk.
Police suspect the involvement of more people in the case. For now, the three accused have been produced in court, where Krishan and Rajbir were remanded in two day police custody and Avtar was remanded in 14 day judicial custody.
- NCB destroys 4.2 tonnes of poppy husk and heroin at dhanas
- 2 held for Panchkula girl’s murder
- 3 held for making ransom call to missing infant’s kin.
- Manimajra police arrest 4 for planning robbery
- Four accused remanded Police custody in the Hawara assault case
- Panchkula police arrest three in kidnapping case
- ASI and illegal arms dealer arrested in Chandigarh
- Panchkula police trying to enlist public cooperation
- Samjhauta Blast Case: Kamal Chauhan confesses to planting bomb
- Baby abducted from Panchkula hospital recovered