Astrology and the Indian mindset gel well together. So when it comes to convincing the masses about a social issue, astrology can be an effective device. A group of astrologers are set to use the faith in astrology to mobilise public opinion against female foeticide.
The teeming crowd at this astrology seminar in Panchkula has just one thing in mind, getting astrologers to predict their future and suggest remedies for problems. That’s not unusual in this country.
However, this scenario is different. While going about their jobs, astrologers are also telling people what an unpardonable crime female foeticide is. This comes with a warning. Those who abort female fetuses will have the Gods scowling at them and there’s no astrological remedy to soothe the frayed temper of providence. Here’s the astrological theory. The girl child is astrologically associated with Venus and Mercury. The two planets are responsible for well being in terms of health, wealth and intellect. Indulging in female feticide puts you in the bad books of these two powerful planets. Now that should be a good enough deterrent for many.
Another serious astrological crime with no chance of redemption is the killing of a cow.
The theory of the astrological repercussions of female foeticide is interesting. But is it convincing?
Astrology can be a powerful tool of social change. There are no two ways about that. If astrologers were to stop raking money by prescribing ways to conceive sons and remind people that daughters are equally important in the divine scheme of things, the masses would definitely take notice
- Muni delivered a lecture on female foeticide in Chandigarh
- Rs 25000 reward for information on female foeticide
- Inform about female foeticide, earn Rs 20,000 reward: Har govt
- Har female foeticide: Tracking system to be set up in Sirsa
- Students enthralled audience in cultural programme
- Devotee log on to mansadevi.nic.in to pray
- Kashmiri Devi is oldest candidate of Congress in Chandigarh MC polls
- Haryana has maximum no. of cancer patients: Dr Sonia Puri
- Race for mayoral seat in Chandigarh
- Man sentenced to death for murder of new-born female baby