Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, who is teaming up with Emraan Hashmi again for his two films “Jannat 2″ and “Raaz 3″, says the actor will always have a special place in the Bhatt camp. There were rumours that Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt had distanced themselves from Emraan after the actor started taking up other projects. “Emraan Hashmi was groomed by us and we made him star. He is our boy and we can’t distance ourselves from him. He is an asset to us. When I discovered him, people from the industry dismissed him saying he does not look good. But now, everything has changed and now people say that he is one of the most underrated actors,” Bhatt told PTI. Bhatt, 62, is delighted with the way Emraan’s career is shaping up. “I think he has evolved over the period of time.
He is doing all kind of films. He is doing commercial films like ‘Jannat’ and on the other hand he is also doing serious cinema like ‘Shangahi’. He is working with new directors,” Bhatt said. The filmmmaker, who stopped directing films in 1987 and set up Vishesh Films with his brother Mukesh Bhatt, has introduced Esha Gupta opposite Emraan in “Jannat 2″. “Esha came to our office to give audition for ‘Jannat 2′.
We selected her because she is extremely hardworking and has the freshness and charm. Being from Delhi, she understood the psyche of her character in the film quite well,” he added. With “Jannat 2″, “Raaz 3″ and “Aashiqui 2″ in their kitty, Bhatt said he is banking on sequels because they come with great recall value. “They are all franchise films with different plots and stories. But a franchise like ‘Raaz’ and ‘Jannat’ or ‘Murder’ creates confidence in the consumer. They trust these films. That becomes a marketing asset for a producer,” he said.
- IPL should be scared of ‘Jannat 2′, says Emraan Hashmi
- Emraan Hashmi hikes his fee
- Mahesh Bhatt to enter Bigg Boss to offer Sunny ‘Jism 2′
- Emraan-Vidya to star in Rajkumar Gupta’s ‘Ghanchakkar’
- Naseer is the boldest in ‘The Dirty Picture’, says Emraan
- Emraan-Vidya have unique chemistry in ‘Dirty Dancing’
- Bhatt gets relief from Guj HC in 1990 case
- Bipasha returns for Raaz 3
- Bhatt moves SC to stay proceeding against him in a 1990 case
- Court rejects govt plea, hearing on Bhatt’s bail appl to begin