Devgn’s script for a social awareness film has been approved by the state’s health department.
Health Minister Suresh Shetty said the department has appreciated the script and it will be the endeavour of the government to make the film available to maximum number of theatres.
“We are strictly implementing laws to prevent child sex determination for which social awareness campaign is also neccessary,” Shetty said.
He said Devgn is making the film free of cost and the two stars are extending all help to the government in the social awareness campaign. They are expected to start filming soon.
Last week, Shetty wrote to actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan after the first episode of his TV show Satyamev Jayate raised the topic of female foeticide. The minister urged him to join hands with the state government on this issue.
- Muni delivered a lecture on female foeticide in Chandigarh
- Rs 25000 reward for information on female foeticide
- Astrologers warn against female foeticide
- Inform about female foeticide, earn Rs 20,000 reward: Har govt
- Aamir meets Gehlot on female foeticide issue
- Har female foeticide: Tracking system to be set up in Sirsa
- Aamir Khan to write to Ashok Gehlot on female foeticide
- Shilpa Shetty’s upcoming film winning laurels globally
- I would love to work with my mother: Kajol
- Hooda opens film festival in Rohtak