The 406th martyrdom anniversary of Guru Arjan Dev Ji was observed today.
The martyrdom day of the fifth Guru of Skhs, Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji was observed with solemn devotion and in the Tricity. In the 17th century the Sikh teachings began to attract a large following. This alarmed the political authorities of the day and their solution was to eliminate Guru Arjun Dev ji. The guru was tortured and executed on May 25, 1606.
An essential element of the remembrance of Guru Arjun Dev is the chabeel. The Tri-city saw thousands of chabeels spring up on every street. In addition to handing out refreshing sherbet, some provided food as well.
People thronged to gurdwaras to pay obescience to the Guru.
- ‘Nagar kirtan’ to mark Guru Arjan Dev’s martyrdom day
- Chandigarh celebrates Guru Nanak Dev Ji birth anniversary
- Young faces for Chandigarh MC elections tickets
- College students take out rally for environment in Chandigarh
- Memorial ceremony at Terraced Garden in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh: Illegal sale of EWS flats alleged
- Chandigarh police recall fallen comrades
- RBCT holds Pink Walk to fight breast cancer in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh: Breast cancer drive goes to PU
- Wetlands day celebrated in Chandigarh