Malerkotla Nagar Council chief Mohammed Sardar Dara is from the Congress.
He was invited on stage and the cheque was handed over to Akali MLA Farzana Alam. When he protested on stage, he was manhandled by BJP workers.
Bhadaur MLA Mohammed Siddique also said the cheque that was supposed to have been presented to him on the stage was taken by the Nagar Council chief.
Local bodies minister Bhagat Chunni Lal, who presided over the meeting, denied any manhandling of Congress MLAs.
- Party workers clashed at Congress Bhawan in Jalandhar
- 500 workers from BJP,RJD,BSP join Congress
- Akali workers join Congress
- Congress workers protest killing of NRI
- Amarinder storms Dayalpura police station to protest vendetta against Congress workers
- Congress leader Gurpreet Sing GP join PPP
- Mamata elected Trinamool Congress national chairperson
- Telangana Congress MPs, MLCs and MLAs to resign on July 4
- J&K cross voting: BJP suspends 7 MLAs
- HP congress to prepare chargesheet against Dhumal govt