The city’s first automated underground multi-level car parking has been thrown open at the Delhi High Court which will ease the parking problems of lawyers, litigants and the staff. Supreme Court Judge Justice D K Jain, Law Minister Salman Khurshid and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit inaugurated the parking built by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) at a cost of Rs 182.71 crore. Dikshit termed the opening of multi-level car parking as a “landmark day” for Delhi and said if required more such facility would be provided.
Addressing the gathering, Acting Chief Justice of Delhi High Court A K Sikri thanked the government and DMRC for the facility said to Asia’s biggest. The parking can accommodate 1,467 cars at six different basement levels.
The first basement is ‘In and Out’ level where car owners will have to leave their vehicles in one of the 20 car lifts available there. The car would be automatically taken to lower floors at basement level 1 to 5 by the system and park at the available slot. The sixth basement is meant for SUVs. The censor at lift would identify the SUV and take it directly to sixth floor.
- Multi-level parking lot to come up in Khan Market
- Delhi gets ‘South Square’- first automated multi-level parking
- Multi-storied parking lot at HC inaugrated
- Work on multi level parking in Sec 17 to begin
- Four-level parking lot completed at HC
- Multi-level corruption prevails in BJP-ruled MCD: Sibal
- MC reveals parking strategy
- Court wants no parking in part of Sec 17 area
- Explosion in parking lot of Delhi HC, no casualty
- Water level of Bhakra dam rises; flood gates of Pong dam opened