Additional Secretary in Power Ministry Davinder Choudhary convened a high-level meeting of officers of NHPC, JK Power Development Corporation and civil administration of the state here to discuss Hydro Electric Projects (HEP) planned for execution during 12th plan, an official spokesman said.
Choudhary was informed that the state has estimated potential of 20,000 MW electricity out of which 16,471 MW has been identified for harnessing during the 12th plan. He was also informed that 27 Hydro and Mini Power Projects will be constructed during the plan out of which 21 projects will be under state sector, four projects under Central sector and two projects under private sector. The spokesman said the state government has notified the “J&K Hydroelectric Projects Development Policy -2011″ for 2100 MW under which 10 projects has already been advertised.
The meeting reviewed of construction work of all the ongoing mega projects include Baghliar-II, Sawlakote, Kishehnganga, New Ganderbal, Kirthai and Retli and it was decided that joint inspection of all the project sites should be conducted by a team by the end of June 30 this year, he added. The laying of 220 KV transmission line from Srinagar to Leh at an estimated cost of Rs 1629 crore, for which Detailed Project Report (DPR) have already been prepared, was discussed in detail, the spokesman said.
- Govt expects to commission 6,201-MW hydro power capacity
- HP to harness speedier hydro power potential: Dhumal
- Himachal to generate 15000 MW hydro power by 2017: CM
- ‘Amid coal scarcity,more hydro power to boost energy security’
- Himachal seeks Rs 27,556 cr for 12th Plan
- Tough decisions needed to achieve 9% growth in 12th Plan
- More focus on skill development during 12th plan:Ahluwalia
- Plan Comm pitches for hike in power tariff
- J&K govt approves Rs 63 cr annual plan for Ganderbal district
- Hydro Engg. college to come up in Bilaspur