Sports minister Ajay Maken has sanctioned ex-gratia assistance of Rs 3 lakh to a former cricket coach, Virender Bhatnagar from National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons.
It came to the notice of the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports that Bhatnagar was undergoing treatment at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre in the Capital but he was not in a good financial condition. The Ministry also found out that it was difficult for the former coach to meet the expenses of his medical treatment.
Taking cognizance of the financial condition, the Sports Minister sanctioned the ex-gratia to Bhatnagar.
The Scheme of National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons provides for lump sum financial assistance to outstanding sportspersons, coaches etc., of the yesteryears, who are at present living in indigent circumstances.
- Ministry releases over Rs 3 crore for Olympic preparation
- Sports Ministry releases Rs 55.22 crore for Oly preparation
- Sports get nominal boost in annual budget
- Delhi govt announces financial assistance for labourers
- IOA lashes out at Maken for using unchecked language
- Ajay Maken proposes new Sports Bill
- Cong seeks white paper on financial assistance to Punjab
- Assam boat tragedy: PM announces ex-gratia
- Not possible to trust IOA until it removes Kalmadi: Maken
- Delhi govt to provide Rs 1,800 crore assistance to MCD