Dubbing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as the most hapless Prime Minister India has ever seen, senior BJP leader L K Advani today slammed the UPA government as the most ineffective, corrupt and indifferent dispensation since Independence.
“Among all the prime ministers, even those who had support of just 10 MPs, the post had not been devalued as much as it has been today”, BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad quoted Advani as saying in his concluding remarks at the party’s national executive meeting here.
“No prime minister has ever been so hapless, so indecisive. In the political history of India, no prime minister has been so indecisive”", Advani alleged.
Advani also charged the UPA government of maligning parliamentary democracy.
On the issue of black money, Advani described the white paper brought out by the government as ‘black paper’. There should have been at least some facts in the paper, he said.
The government has given figures from 2006 to 2010 in the white paper but hasn’t mentioned everything, he said.
In the white paper we expected the steps that the government has taken since the UN resolution to curb black money, Advani said. “What effective steps did the government take to bring in the black money”, he asked.
“Today, the country is fed up with the UPA regime and it is looking towards us”, Advani claimed.
The BJP leader said that whenever he hears the comments that the aspirations of people are not being fulfilled by the BJP, “it is warning for us”.
“When the people are so much in pain and are looking towards us with so much expectations, we should fulfil those expectations”, he said.
People are fed up, dissatisfied and almost dejected with the UPA government.
Advani appealed that every BJP worker fulfil people’s aspirations, make maximum efforts and go among the people and tell them that the BJP is the answer.
- Punjab Poll 2012: UPA not revealing names of tax evaders: Advani
- Govt protecting ‘corrupt’ ministers: Advani
- I used to respect Singh when he was not PM: Advani
- Few listener for Advani in Punjab
- Advani asks Sonia to speak on black money, graft, inflation
- NDA may get chance to form next govt: Advani
- Advani most capable person to lead country
- Manmohan the honest king of a corrupt regime: Sidhu
- UPA in a state of paralysis: Advani
- Govt should bring out White Paper on blackmoney: Advani