SAD said the party and its alliance BJP would contest on equal number of seats in the forthcoming civic polls in Punjab. “As per seat sharing agreement of SAD-BJP alliance, both the parties would contest on the same number of seats in the upcoming municipal corporation and municipal committee elections,” SAD chief Sukhbir Singh Badal said.
He said all the party candidates would contest on the party symbol. Badal, who is also the deputy CM, exhorted party leaders to launch a campaign to ensure victory of SAD-BJP alliance in the forthcoming municipal corporation and municipal committee elections. At a party meeting here, he congratulated party cadres for returning the alliance to power in the state assembly polls held in January this year and exhorted them to maintain the same tempo in the civic polls also.
Badal said SAD would contest the municipal polls on development agenda. Meanwhile, main opposition Congress is also gearing up for the civic polls, which would be the party’s first test after its debacle in the assembly elections.
- Punjab polls: Mann’s party to contest all 117 seats
- Garg announces to contest assembly elections
- Punjab would witness bi-polar contest in elections: Sukhbir
- Punjab Poll 2012 : BSP to go it alone
- SGPC polls: SAD (Amritsar) to contest all seats
- Punjab Elections 2012 Live
- Indira Gandhi assassin’s son not to contest Punjab poll 2012
- Two nominated councillors get tickets to contest MC elections
- Sehajdhari Sikh Party candidates for Punjab elections 2012
- Punjab Poll 2012: Akali Dal president Sukhbir Badal predicts 75 seats for combine