He might not share the best of relationships with Sourav Ganguly following the laters’ unceremonious ouster from his team, but Kolkata Knight Riders pricipal owner Shah Rukh Khan has described the former India skipper as a “cricketing legend”.
Shah Rukh was seen exchanging plesantaries with Ganguly in a rarest of rare frame after Kolkata Knight Riders beat Ganguly-led Pune Warriors by seven runs in a thrilling IPL contest at the Eden Gardens last evening.
The Bollywood star came rushing from his hospitality box to greet Ganguly near the visitor’s dressing room after Pune Warriors India lost their prestige match.
“He (Ganguly) is wonderful, a cricketing great, a legend. We’ve grown up getting used to his fours and sixes and the way he plays on the offside. It’s wonderful to see him playing every time, and tonight was no different,” Shah Rukh said praising the southpaw.
“It was fantastic to see 67,000-odd people. As Dada (Ganguly) was also telling me, this is the greatest cricketing ground in the world and whenever it is in its full glory, it really makes us feel very proud.”
- I don’t consider myself a role model: Shah Rukh Khan
- Shah Rukh could have been Munnabhai
- Shah Rukh wants to build public utilities for women
- Enjoyed playing co-host with Big B in KBC: Shah Rukh
- Thackeray calls Shah Rukh ‘self-proclaimed Nishan-e-Pakistan’
- Lady Gaga gifts Shah Rukh khan’s daughter her shades
- Shah Rukh to be present at IFFI opening ceremony
- Shah Rukh says Aamir, Salman senior actors
- Playing villain one of the greatest highs: Shah Rukh
- Shah Rukh dedicates ‘Ra.One’ music to Yash Johar, Bobby Chawla