Anti Corruption Branch of CBI, Jammu arrested the two officials of Plants Quarantine Centre at Chakkan-da-Bagh in Poonch, and busted a racket in which bribes were being sought for allowing trucks carrying goods to Pakistan to cross LoC, a CBI officer said.
Accused Buta Singh, Assistant Plant Protection Officer of Department of Agriculture, and his assistant Ganga Singh, TO-1 were caught at their residence near Poonch-Rawlakot border by sleuths of CBI Jammu.
They were caught while accepting bribe of Rs 2,400 in lieu of providing Plant Health Certificate to send trucks carrying products of organic nature across LoC, he said.
The complainant engaged in import and export of perishable goods had alleged in his complaint to CBI that the aforesaid officials had stopped his trucks carrying Imli as he had refused to fulfil their demand of bribe at the rate of Rs 200 per truck.
CBI laid a trap and caught the accused in presence of independent witnesses.
The accused were produced before a court at Poonch for transit remand to Jammu, officer said.
- Govt contractor Khem Chand Sharma arrested in cheating case
- Three government officials caught taking bribe in Haryana
- Revenue official arrested for accepting bribe
- Bribery case: Himachal HC raps officials, asks for affidavits
- CBI arrested 2 officers of Excise and Taxation Dept in Ludhiana
- Regional Manager of Haryana Pollution Dept arrested
- Sub-Inspector caught for allegedly taking bribe
- PO gets cops arrested for graft
- Cop arrested for rape of step-daughter in Poonch
- Delhi govt Tax Deptt seizes vehicles carrying goods for VAT nonpayment