A spokesman of the police department said today that Kamboj had murdered the brother-in-law Ranbir Singh Mann of his girl friend Rita of Karnal in the year 2004. Kamboj was sentenced to life imprisonment in the year 2007 for this crime. He was out on Parole from Narnaul but after the completion of parole period he did not return back to jail and escaped to Punjab.
There he formed his gang and was involved in a number of robberies and dacoities at various places like Rajpura, Ludhiana, Ropar, Mohali, Hoshiarpur. There were 35 cases registered against him in Punjab, he added. He said that Kamboj was arrested by the Punjab Police in year 2007. Punjab Police was taking the accused to the Narnaul Jail, after a hearing of a case in a court at Punjab but he escaped from their custody.
- NRI murder case: Absconding BJP councillor arrested
- School van accident: Absconding truck driver arrested
- 45 police officers in Punjab facing criminal charges: RTI
- Khushpreet’s parents demand criminal proceedings against police officials
- Haryana’s most wanted criminal killed in encounter
- Charges against me are not of criminal nature: Gilani
- Indian cab driver arrested on charges of rape in US
- Teen Abduction Case: Main accused Inderjeet arrested
- No criminal culpability of Chidambaram in 2G case: CBI
- HC stays criminal proceedings against Sanjay Dutt