The yatra was suspended for a few hours, but was soon resumed.The Yatra control rooms established in Nunwan and Baltal base camps allowed the yatris to proceed after checking with the Met department.Thereafter, the pilgrims resumed their journey to the cave shrine earlier this morning.
Despite the shrine board’s efforts to clear the way, the yatra route in Pahalgam is still covered with snow. The first jatha of 2098 pilgrims will reach the shrine today.
- Amarnath yatra resumes
- Amarnath yatra flagged off, 1st jatha leaves base camp
- Over 22,000 devotees set off for Amarnath yatra
- Amarnath yatra suspended due to inclement weather
- Amarnath yatra: Baltal, Nunwan to have yatri post offices
- Amarnath Yatra registration begins
- Registration for Amarnath yatra begins
- Amarnath Yatra resumes from the Baaltaal route
- Amarnath Yatra 2012: Registration to commence on 7th May
- Three more Amarnath pilgrims die, toll touches 80