In a bizarre case, woman athlete Pinki Pramanik, who won a gold medal at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha, has been detained by the West Bengal police for torturing and attempting to rape a woman. The complainant Anamika Acharya had claimed that Pinki Pramanik is actually a male which was later proved in the medical tests.
Anamika had left her husband and son two years ago and was since then living with Pinky.She had accused that Pinky had proposed her for marriage which she declined, thereafter which she was raped. Pinky on the other hands has denied the allegations.
- Punjab CM shower accolades on thw veteran athlete Fauja Singh
- Indian man loses appeal in Australia rape conviction
- Rape accused Gurinder Pal Singh in police remand
- Sonepat rape case: 4th accused arrested from Gohana
- Ludhiana resident held in Australian woman rape case
- Moga DSP murder: Accused remanded in police custody till Apr 9
- Youth awarded death penalty for rape,murder of 75-yr-old woman
- Youth jailed for 5 yrs for attempting to rape 6-year-old girl
- Prime accused arrested in the baby Falak case
- Man accused of kidnapping, raping minor walks free