Setting at rest speculation, Punjab BJP president Ashwani Kumar on Saturday said that someone from late Dasuya MLA Amarjit Singh Sahi’s family would be given the ticket for the by election considering the sympathy for the family and its hold in the area. He said the name had been finalised but would be announced after two days.
Ashwani Sharma also downplayed reports of differences with coalition partner Akali Dal over which party would get mayoral posts, saying as decided earlier, BJP will have mayors in Amritsar and Jalandhar and the Akalis in Ludhiana and Patiala
The state BJP president also listed plans for the June 20th Jail Bharo Andolan over the petrol price hike.
- Ashwani Sharma: Sahi family member to get Dasuya ticket
- BJP MLA from Dasuya and Punjab CPS Amarjit Singh Sahi passes away
- Amarjit Singh Sahi cremated
- Punjab EC orders By-election in Dasuya on July 11,2012
- Tributes paid to Amarjeet Singh Sahi
- PS Gill to contest election from Moga on SAD ticket
- Capt Kanwaljit family feeling left out
- Khuspreet’s Mother Kulwinder Kaur contesting on Chandigarh Jan Manch ticket
- SAD leader Tikka’s supporters demand ticket for him
- Surinder Singh Dhuri leaves SAD on being denied ticket