Punjab Congress released its manifesto for the municipal corporation elections promising not to impose property tax on residential units, regularise illegal colonies and made the civic bodies corruption free.
The manifesto promised corruption free functioning in the municipal corporations and said the party will ensure zero tolerance to corruption. It promised 24-hour telephone helpline at every corporation and time bound redressal of all the complaints, a party spokesman said.
The party also promised to set up ‘Suvidha centres’ at every corporation for single window clearing of all applications if it came to power in the civic bodies.
There will be no property tax on residential properties. Besides, there will be rationalisation and reduction of property tax on commercial establishments owned by proprietorship and partnership concerns.
House tax will not be charged on properties in areas which have not been taken over by municipal corporations, he said.
The manifesto promised regularisation of all unauthorised colonies within municipal limits and extension of municipal limits up to 2-5 km from present municipal boundaries.
Elections to four MCs including Ludhiana, Patiala, Jalandhar and Amritsar will be held on June 10.
- Punjab Poll 2012 : Congress manifesto released
- Punjab Poll 2012: SAD manifesto released
- Punjab Poll 2012: SAD’s manifesto a farce said Capt
- Punjab Poll 2012: BJP manifesto released
- Punjab MC elections 2012: SAD, BJP to contest on equal number of seats
- BJP election manifesto out for Chandigarh MC polls
- Congress Manifesto released for Chandigarh MC polls
- Cong to release manifesto on Monday: Capt Amarinder Singh
- Punjab MC Elections 2012: PPP to approach EC for election symbol
- Punjab Poll 2012: Cong a divided house said BJP