The Congress in particular, wants to take no chances in this bypoll. Top brass of the state Congress, including PPCC chief Capt Amarinder Singh and CLP leader Sunil Jhakhar, who are camping in Dasuya. Our correspondent Nipun Sharma spoke to Capt Amarinder Singh about the preparations.
Questioning the functioning of the state government, Capt Amarinder Singh demanded deployment of paramilitary forces for the elections. CLP leader Sunil Jhakhar said the Congress would take on the Akali BJP combine on its performance.
For now, Congress leaders appear to be quite optimistic. But will that translate into real time performance? That remains to be seen.
- Punjab Poll 2012 :Ex- Akali MLA Kukku joins Congress
- Congress Punjab Bachao Yatra day 3
- Congress would sweep Punjab elections: Amarinder
- Chiranji Lal Garg joined Congress
- Congress holds rally in Mansa district to oppose controversial land acquisition
- Capt Amarinder Singh criticised Badals for leaving state headless
- Punjab Congress month-long campaign ends
- BSP leader joins Congress in Punjab
- Congress endorses S Beant Singh family’s stand for commutation of death sentence of Rajoana
- Punjab Congress divided on chief ministerial candidate