“Youth should come forward for sports besides studies as it helps earn goodwill for the country,” Dhoni said while talking to reporters at the Tribhuvan International Airport upon his arrival today.
He said that he would be happy to promote cricket which is a popular sport in the sub-continent.
“Cricket is an upcoming sport in Nepal and I want to see Nepali youth forming a famous cricket team in future”, he said.
Dhoni will spend few hours at the Kirtipur Cricket Stadium situated in the premises of Tribhuvan University on the outskirts of Kathmandu, where he will interact and share views with Nepalese players.
He will also deliver a lecture at a hotel in Kathmandu and meet his Nepali fans. Dhoni will pay a visit to revered Hindu temple of Pashupatinath tomorrow morning before flying out.
- Definitely want to serve Army after cricket: Dhoni
- By bowling, Dhoni has made a mockery of Test cricket: Kapil
- We saw the ugly side of cricket: Dhoni
- Tendulkar will make contribution in Rajya Sabha also: Dhoni
- Nothing clicked for us in three Tests, admits Dhoni
- Dhoni gets doctorate
- Dhoni to visit Siachen glacier
- We are open to playing Pakistan in India: Dhoni
- Dhoni, Bindra conferred Lt. Colonel rank
- Dhoni hints at Test retirement by 2013