In a typical “band baaja baraat” style, veteran actors Hema Malini and Dharmendra’s daughter Esha tied the knot with businessman Bharat Takhtani today in a traditional Hindu wedding ceremony. The Bandra-based groom came to the venue on a white horse before the couple took the marriage vows around a sacred fire.
Wearing a Kanjeevaram saree, Hema and her husband Dharmendra, looking dapper in a suit, welcomed the groom at the temple. Esha and Bharat got married in a south Indian style at the Iskcon temple in Juhu here. Esha was clad in a red and gold Kanjeevaram saree, sourced from Chennai for the wedding day by her mother, to which designer Neeta Lulla had made some changes. The couple had been dating for quite some time and had exchanged rings on February 12 this year.
The wedding today was the climax of the three-day festivities that included a ‘sangeet’ (music), ‘haldi’ and ‘mehndi’ ceremony. Besides family members like sister Ahana, Abhay Deol, several B-town celebrities were present at the occasion including Amitabh Bachchan with son Abhishek, Manoj Kumar, Vinod Khanna, Vyjayanthimala, Ramesh Sippy, Fardeen Khan, Poonam Sinha, Madhoo, Anu Malik, designer Neeta Lulla and her daughter Nishka.
“I am very much happy for Esha…it is a very happy occasion for all of us. I am happy that she is getting settled,” Abhay Deol told reporters here. “I am here as a family member to give my blessings to the couple,” veteran actor Manoj Kumar said. Yesteryear’s actress Vyjayanthimala also said she was there to bless the “wonderful couple”. Actor Abhishek Bachchan also wished Esha. The reception will take place tomorrow at a suburban five-star hotel where personalities from film and political world would be present.
- Esha to get engaged to boyfriend Bharat
- Esha Deol to wed in temple on June 29
- Actress Esha Deol is engaged
- Esha in de-glam avatar, to play cop in ‘Chakravyuh’
- Pak eases rules for married Hindu women to obtain ID cards
- Watch Between Us with Vyjayanthimala Bali
- October wedding for Saif-Kareena
- Woman finds her husband is already married with two kids
- Riteish, Genelia to enter wedlock in 2012
- I will get married by the end of this year: Kareena Kapoor