Announcing this here today, a spokesman of district administration said that Union Sports Ministry has informed that the work to lay astroturf hockey ground would start shortly after its approval.
The state already has six such grounds.He said that about 10 acres of vacant land of boys’ hostel at Government College, Hisar had been transferred to District Sports Council to lay the astroturf.
Astroturf had been laid in hockey grounds at Gurgaon, Kurukshetra, Sonipat, Sirsa, Rohtak and process of laying astroturf in Bhiwani is in full swing.
The spokesman said that in order to provide better sports facilities to youth, Haryana government is constructing sports stadia and improving the existing infrastructure in the state.
- J&K to have ice hockey rink and skiing avenue for enthusiasts
- Indian women hockey captain used brother’s shoe to practice
- Govt announces setting up of National Institute of Hockey
- Punjab government announces Rs 25 lakh for hockey team
- Akshay donates 250,000 pounds for Ice Hockey in India
- India to face Australia in Olympic hockey test event
- Former India hockey goalkeeper Baljit Singh needs help
- World hockey series to begin from December 15
- Haryana CM announces cash rewards for hockey players
- India to participate in hockey tourney in Pakistan