Anna Hazare has postponed a press conference he was to address this morning saying he needed time to collect “more information”, a day after Team Anna member Kiran Bedi advised his close aide to “fully brief” the activist on allegations against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
“Today’s Anna’s press conference is postponed. Timing and date will (be) inform(ed) later. We are collecting information, for this we need more time,” Hazare’s close aide Suresh Pathare tweeted this morning. Pathare had announced yesterday evening Hazare’s press conference in Ralegan Siddhi through a tweet.
Shortly after that, Bedi had advised Pathare to “fully brief” him on the remarks made by a former Coal Secretary against Singh before the activist talked to the press. The postponement of Hazare’s press conference also came amidst a renewed government attack on his team, which included Union Minister Vayalar Ravi’s remarks that Team Anna was “not that innocent” and that its activists could be acting in a “conspiracy” to destabilise Indian politics. Bedi’s advice came as Hazare continues his flip flop on the Prime Minister.
“Annaji may be fully briefed on the statement given on TV of Coal Secretary that the Prime Minister did not do enough to ensure coal blocks are auctioned,” she said replying to Pathare’s tweet. Hazare has been making flip flop on Singh after his team levelled allegations on May 26 against the Prime Minister on the basis of a leaked draft CAG report on coal block allocations.
- Hazare denies rift in Team Anna
- Anna Hazare, Baba Ramdev address joint press meet
- Was Jalandhar ACP drunked at press meet?
- Hazare not aware of the whole matter on PM, says his Team
- Sukhbir Badal holds press meet in Chandigarh
- Akal Takht, parties in Punjab voice support for Hazare
- Anna Hazare invites Army chief to join his team
- No one listens to PM: Hazare
- Thackeray snubs Hazare, refuses to meet him
- JK does not need RSS-backed Anna Hazare