The heat is beginning to take its toll, shopping is out of question. More so for items that needs money and time to be bought. Taking advantage of the situation, the jewellers in Panchkula and Manimajra have decided to go on vacation for the next five days.
Jewellery won’t be available in the township for the next five days as the jewellers have decided to go for a summer vacation from June 18 to 22, even as the marriage season is on and the gold prices are touching the sky.
As many as 50 jewellery shops in Panchkula and 85 shops in inner Manimajra will remain closed for these five days.
Deep Krishan Chauhan, president of the Panchkula Jewellers Association said that although they know that they will face big losses, as the rates of gold are soaring again, they have already informed their customers that shops will be closed during the coming week.
The jewellers have already given the designs that were ordered in advance due to the summer break. According to the jewellers, gold worth Rs 45 lakh is sold daily, which means there will be a loss of around Rs 2.25 crore in five days.
So all those looking forward to shopping for the precious metal, will have to be patient for the next five days…as the jewellers are away. One consolation is that no painful wounds have ever been inflicted by money burning a hole in the pocket.
- Schools in Chandigarh will remain closed on Friday
- Jewellers protesting duty hike adamant
- Chandigarh: Temperature to remain above 40 degree Celsius
- Jewellery worth Rs 2 Lakh stolen from Sec-48, Chandigarh
- Five shops in Sector 16-D burgled
- Fire destroys 3 shops in Chandigarh
- Underground parking lots remain unused in Chandigarh
- Food & Supply Dept raids shops in Bapudham
- Large crowd greets BJP supremo in Panchkula
- Swing with ‘Bling’ on June 2