The Jammu and Kashmir government launched extraction work at a newly explored coal mine in Kalakote area of Rajouri district. Minister for Industries and Commerce S S Slathia today launched extraction work at a newly explored coal mine at Bodhog in Kalakote area of Rajouri district. The new mine is expected to produce more than 50,000 tonnes of good quality coal which will help J&K Mineral Ltd to generate additional revenue of Rs 6 crore annually. While addressing the gathering, the Minister appreciated the efforts of management and the workers for the hard work put in to launch the new extraction site.
He asked the corporation authorities to give preference to the local youth of the area, while recruting workforce for the extraction and other works. He said full-fledged work on the mine would be started after installation of haulage, ventilation system and other infrastructure. The corporation was expecting huge reserves of quality coal in the area which has good potential in the market, he added. Slathia also addressed rally of coal mine workers in the Kalakote town and assured them that all demands relating to revision in wages and other genuine issues will be settled soon.
- 29 killed in China coal mine gas explosion
- India to acquire coking coal mine in Mongolia
- 9 killed, 16 injured in China coal mine accident
- 43 workers trapped in China’s mine
- JK Govt approves 6th Pay Commission for JKML employees
- Haryana writes to Coal Ministry for adequate coal supply
- Govt to kickstart coal block auction by June: Jaiswal
- 16 killed, 10 missing in Ukraine mine blast
- Govt plans fund for acquiring overseas coal assets
- New Blue Star book not mine: Lt Gen Brar