Minister and Youth Akali Dal chief Bikram Singh Majithia hailed the thumping victory of the SAD-BJP combine in Municipal Corporation elections in Punjab saying the decimation of the Congress had begun in the state.
“With the resounding triumph of the Akali-BJP alliance, decimation of the Congress from political map of Punjab has started,” the Revenue and and Public Relations Minister said.
The election results showed the people had given a mandate in favour of people-friendly policies of the SAD-BJP combine, he said.
The voters had realised that only the SAD-BJP could safeguard their interests and welfare besides putting Punjab on the accelerated pace of growth and prosperity, Majithia said.
- Bikram Singh Majithia holds rally in Jalandhar
- PPP, Cong leaders are joining SAD: Majithia
- Stray incidents of violence mark civic polls in Punjab
- Punjab min behind police raids at my house: Lalli Majithia
- SAD-BJP may impose heavy taxes after civic polls, fears Cong
- Amarinder to continue as Pb Cong chief till civic body polls
- Punjab govt to continue pro-poor schemes: Majithia
- Punjab Exit Poll Results: 3 out of 4 polls give an edge to congress
- BJP appears to head for victory in Delhi civic polls
- BJP’s win in Delhi civic polls spells downfall of Cong:Gadkari