A man in Nayagaon was brutally hacked to death late Wednesday night. The attackers fled after the grisly crime, leaving the police looking for leads.
Vikrant Verma ran a medical transcription business in Solan and he wanted to expand operations to Chandigarh. He moved into a rented house at Shivalik Vihar in Nayagaon and lived there, till he was brutally attacked with a knife on his neck, chest and stomach at around 2:30 am on Wednesday and fled. A badly injured Vikrant stumbled outside his room calling for help. Someone informed the police who rushed to get him to hospital. However, he breathed his last on the way.
A survey of the crime scene led to the recovery of a mobile phone, Vikrant’s purse and some papers. But his laptop is missing. The Mohali police have been investigating since then but for now, there are no clues. Going by the severity of the attack, police believe there were three or more assailants.
The vicious crime has baffled Vikrant’s relatives who say he had no animosity with anyone.
Police claim that the culprits will be arrested soon. Meanwhile, Vikrant’s body was handed over to his family after a postmortem.
- Additional cases clubbed with Nayagaon case
- Court on Nayagaon land case
- Nayagaon land encroachments: Pb Advocate Gen questions need for tribunal
- Nayagaon land-grab petitioner fears life threat
- 70-yr-old allegedly killed by his son for property in Chandigarh
- Panchkula resident alleges kidnapping attempt
- Haryana Crime Branch reconstructs accident scene
- Siblings’ murder case: Police claim to have some leads
- Chandigarh: Cops nab 4 for conspiring to rob
- Gang use ‘disappearing ink’ to fool people