One more infant died at the G B Pant hospital here, leading to protests by grieved family members who blocked the Srinagar-Jammu national highway for an hour. Dozens of people took to the road outside the Valley’s only children’s hospital at high-security Sonawar area, blocking the highway in protest against the death and shouting slogans against the hospital administration, officials said.
Traffic was briefly suspended for some time, but was restored after the protesting mob dispersed after intervention by police, officials said. Over 1,400 children deaths have been reported in the hospital since January last year. In May, authorities had removed Medical Superintendent of the hospital Javed Choudhary over the deaths, besides ordering a probe into the matter.
- Protests outside G B Pant hospital over infant deaths
- Four more children die at Kashmir’s G B Pant Hospital,toll 363
- Four more infants die at G.B. Pant Hospital
- 32 infants died at GB Pant Hospital in two weeks
- Over 5,000 children died at Safdarjung hospital in 3 years
- Infant’s death: Hospital blamed
- Hurriyat demands CM’s resignation over infant deaths
- New children’s hospital to come up near SMHS: Omar
- Infant deaths: PDP seeks PM’s intervention
- High number of infant death a “matter of shame”: Azad