Moving on to another heated issue. What could possibly make life more miserable than mercury which seems ever willing to soar? We know the answer to that by now. Frequent power cuts. With power playing truant, things are difficult as it is and the power cut schedule only makes it worse.
The blazing summer sun, the constant threat of a heatstroke and lights on the blink…The tri city is the last place anyone in his right mind would bide the summer out in. Frequent power cuts have residents at the end of their tether and the power cut schedule announced by the electricity department does not augur well.
The schedule has led to resentment among people who want to know why the northern sectors seem to have a much better deal.
According to authorities in the electricity department, the cuts are only aimed at saving electricity. Superintending Engineer M.P. Singh assured that everything would be sorted out and appealed to the people to use air conditioners prudently. He also advocated the use of CFLs.
Noted satirist Jaspal Bhatti comment on the power situation in his signature style. That is, with a street play in Sector 17. Folk Singer Gurtej came up with his own value additions.
So this summer, it makes complete sense to pack up and leave for cooler climes.
- No summer power cuts in Chandigarh
- Power cuts in Chandigarh to continue
- South and West Delhi reel under severe power cuts
- Power panges in Chandigarh
- Zirakpur residents facing acute and frequent power cuts, allege outdated
- Long power cuts stare Haryana residents in face
- CM says power cuts minor, Delhi better off than neighbours
- Unscheduled power cuts irk Panchkula residents
- Voting over, power supply dips in Punjab
- Northern Railways to run Mumbai special