Former Union Minister and BJP official spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain today said his party would disclose its strategy on Presidential elections only after the ruling UPA coalition announces name of its candidate. Until the ruling Congress party does not announces name of its candidate for the President’s post, BJP would keep its cards close to its chest, Shahnawaz told reporters here.
On whether BJP would support Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s candidature for the post of President, he said, “Let Congress party first name the candidate for the post, then only our party will disclose the strategy.” Stating that this time the presidential elections would be “interesting”, he said it was not necessary that the ruling party candidate would be the winner. “This time the presidential election results would be surprising and our party is working on this strategy,” he said. Demanding an investigation into the alleged coal scam, Shahnawaz asked why the UPA government was afraid to order a probe when, according to them, there was no scam in allocation of coal blocks.
- Will support whoever fits in party’s line of movement: BSP on prez candidate
- Prez poll: Some names were discussed, says Karuna
- Prez polls: Mukherjee dismisses report that he is front runner
- Prez candidate can belong to any community: Mulayam
- Naqvi for consensus on presidential candidate
- SAD’s youth leader Simarjit Singh Bains to contest polls as rebel candidate
- Prez polls: Mulayam, Mamata appear to be holding key
- Badal probable candidate for Vice President?
- MCD polls: BJP MLAs unhappy over candidate selection
- Sonia likely to talk to opposition on Prez poll after bud session