The Punjab Government today released the second instalment of 30 per cent pay arrears for government employees from the period January one, 2006 to July 31, 2009. Disclosing this here today, Finance Minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa said that all the Heads of Departments, Commissioners of Divisions, District and Sessions Judges, Deputy Commissioners and Registrar, Punjab and Haryana High Court have been asked to promptly act in this regard.
Dhindsa said that the Punjab Government employees, who have yet not received the second instalments of their pay arrears from the period January one, 2006 to July 31, 2009, would now get their second instalment. He said that the second instalment, which is released, would be 30 per cent of the total pay arrears and added that pay arrears were being released on the recommendation of Fifth Pay Commission.
- HP employees get Rs 550 cr arrears
- Haryana govt sanctions over Rs 18.67 crore for salary
- Govt releases retail inflation numbers; CPI up 7.65% in Jan
- Punjab announces 6 pc additional dearness allowance
- Punjab sugarcane farmers demand payment of arrears
- Punjab assembly unanimously passes vote-on-account
- Full pension to Punjab govt employee after 25 years
- Punjab announces pension for staff of private aided schools
- Punjab govt announces relief for bill defaulters
- Punjab govt approves programme to provide potable water