As per the state election commission’s guidelines, the photo identity cards issued by the EC will continue to be the primary document for establishing identity, but various other authentic identity proofs can also pe used by the voters who were not issued these cards, District Election Officer-cum-Deputy Commissioner Rajat Agarwal said.
Documents like Passport, Driving Licenses, PAN Cards, and Service Identity Cards issued by state or Central Government, apart from several other documents issued by competent authorities, can be used by voters to establish their identity, Agarwal said.
Steps have also been taken to ensure the voters are not restrained from exercising their franchise due to minor discrepancies like errors in personal information.
- Sikh bodies demand photo I-cards for SGPC voters
- Punjab MC Elections 2012: PPP to approach EC for election symbol
- Sehajdhari Sikh Party candidates for Punjab elections 2012
- Punjab Poll 2012: Prem Kumar Dhumal addresses voters
- Punjab polls 2012: EC to strictly monitor misuse of drugs, liquor
- Punjab elections:Armed forces personnel can vote by proxy
- SAD leaders ‘distributing’ utensils to woo voters
- Punjab Poll 2012: Hooda woos voters
- Punjab Poll 2012: Shatrughan Sinha plays Bihari card to woo voters
- Punjab Poll 2012: Cong,SAD line up to woo Dera voters