Jakhar, Leader of Opposition in Punjab Assembly, was here to meet a former MLA Madan Lal Thekedar lodged in Patiala central jail for allegedly attacking a policewoman on Wednesday at Ghanaur during Nagar panchyat elections.
He was accompanied by Union minister Preneet Kaur and party Punjab vice president Laal Singh.
Jakhar told mediapersons outside the central jail that Thekedar was “falsely implicated” in the case.
He alleged “the order of Punjab and Haryana High Court to video-graph all polling booths was obstructed during elections at Ghanaur by the police at the behest of Akali leaders”.
- Bluestar memorial may trigger unrest in Punjab: Congress
- Amarinder storms Dayalpura police station to protest vendetta against Congress workers
- Punjab Poll 2012 :Ex- Akali MLA Kukku joins Congress
- Congress workers manhandled by BJP workers in Jalandhar
- Akali workers join Congress
- SAD MLAs supporting Punjab bandh call: Congress
- Gear up for local body elections: Punjab Cong to workers
- Punjab MC poll 2012 : Congress sacks 48 rebels
- Congress set up panel to sort out Punjab Cong mess
- Punjab Congress renounces new Sand Policy