Tendulkar, with 749 points to his credit, is the lone Indian batsman in the top 20 list, which is headed by West Indies’ Shivnarine Chanderpaul.
Sri Lankan Kumar Sangakkara’s match-winning unbeaten knock of 199 against Pakistan in the first Test in Galle has helped him vault three places to second in the table.
In the ICC Player Rankings for Test bowlers, India’s Zaheer Khan climbed a position to be at 11th spot, while Pragyan Ojha remained static at number 20.
The bowlers’ table continued to be headed by South Africa’s Dale Steyn with Saeed Ajmal of Pakistan and England’s James Anderson in second and third positions, respectively.
Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan tops the ICC Player Rankings for Test all-rounders chart, with Jacques Kallis of South Africa in the second spot.
- India rise to second in ICC Test rankings
- Dhoni slips one place in ICC ODI Rankings
- India all set to lose No. 2 spot in Test ranking
- Australia push India to 4th in team rankings
- Indian men at 10th spot, women 13th in FIH rankings
- India thrashed again, slip to number three in Test rankings
- AIBA Rankings: Vikas Krishan zooms to 2nd spot
- Former Indian Test captains invited for 100th Test at Lord’s
- India slip one spot to 3rd in ICC ODI Rankings
- Vijender slips in latest AIBA rankings