The “Flame of truth” Relay, an outcome of the discussion held by the Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile in March, was proposed to seek the United Nation’s intervention regarding the worsening human rights situation inside Tibet.
The global torch relay will begin on 6th of July on the 77th birthday of the Dalai Lama from Leh-Ladakh, and travel across hundreds of cities around the world. It will go on till the World Human Rights Day on December 10th, with the submission of appeal letters and thousands of signatures simultaneously to the UN Headquarters in New York City, UN Human Rights Council in Geneva and UN information office in New Delhi.
The Tibetan parliament on Wednesday issued a press release stating that the Relay will be carried out in solidarity with the courageous and selfless acts of the Tibetans and to make the world aware of their acts.
- Session of the 15th Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile begins
- Sangay sworn in as Tibet’s PM-in-exile
- Need for educating prisoners: PM
- Fauja Singh to carry London Olympic torch
- NHRC asks UT to compensate Khuspreet’s family
- Dalai Lama calls on India to preserve Tibetan culture
- UK Parliament discusses human rights in J&K
- Punjab & Haryana High Court Dasti notice to PGI Admin.
- New human rights condition for UK visa
- UT NGO has come out in support of Mansa